This topic is designed to give participants the essential key understandings and knowledge base for child protection. During this session core concepts of child abuse and prevention will be unpacked. Child Safety standards will be explored linking to practical strategies and resources that educators can implement within their everyday programs.
- Understand the concepts and themes that underpin child protection.
- Understand what constitutes child abuse and neglect.
- Develop an understanding of abuse and abuse prevention.
- Identify your role as a child protection advocate.
- Understand the reporting process in relation to your service policy on child protection.
- Explore the Child safe standards 2019.
Links to NQS:
QA2: Children’s Health and safety
QA5: Relationships with children
QA7: Governance and leadership