Our calendar is bursting with professional practitioner learning opportunities and parenting focused events.
- This event has passed.
Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting
September 28, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm ACST$69
It is important that educators understand not only what to do if they believe a child is at risk of abuse or neglect but to also feel confident in identifying children at risk. Knowing the indicators is as crucial as knowing how to make a report.
This workshop will go beyond the confines of ‘mandatory reporting’ to delve into the intricacies of how traumatic experiences in the early years can lead to long-term implications. We will discuss the complex relationship between trauma, behaviours and emotional responses. You will learn how trauma affects brain development and how to identify trauma and its influences on behaviour. More importantly we will share the recommended practices to be better trauma informed when supporting children.
- Explore child protection legislation
- Define child abuse and neglect
- Understand how to report child abuse and neglect
- Identify trauma in children
- Trauma and its effects on brain development
- Explore the importance of attachment and relationships
- Trauma informed care principles