Our calendar is bursting with professional practitioner learning opportunities and parenting focused events.
- This event has passed.
Dr Justin Coulson – Parent Forum Darwin
October 19, 2019 @ 10:15 AM - 12:15 PM CST
Of all the issues that trouble parents, discipline is consistently the biggest one of all. How do I discipline my child when they do this annoying thing, or that disobedient thing, or this hurtful thing? Unfortunately, most of our standard discipline techniques leave us feeling lousy, our kids feeling awful, and… they really don’t work.
Join parenting expert, Dr Justin Coulson for this session for every parent who has ever wondered if there’s a better way to discipline their kids in a way that actually works, and that doesn’t destroy their child’s confidence and resilience.
This session will change the way you think about (and practise) discipline with your family forever.
What you’ll discover:
- The core differences between punishment and discipline.
- Why traditional discipline doesn’t work.
- 9 strategies including my Three E’s of Effective Discipline that will lead to better behaviour, better relationships, and happier families.
- Setting healthy boundaries, including screen time!
- How to never have to yell, threaten, ground, time-out, remove privileges or smack again.
This workshop is best suited for parents and carers of children aged 3 -12 years.