Our calendar is bursting with professional practitioner learning opportunities and parenting focused events.
- This event has passed.
Educator Bootcamp: Supporting Children’s Social and Emotional Wellbeing – March 28
March 28, 2018 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM WST$199.00
Educator Bootcamp: Supporting Children’s Social and Emotional Wellbeing
An intensive one day course that challenges the bias of importance that we place on literacy and numeracy for under 5’s. We talk of school readiness and life skills, but easily forget that children are a work in progress, where support is required a developmentally appropriate time to support a child’s development in coping with the demands of school, family and the community.
Come along and learn more about the developing childhood brain, the neuroscience of it all to support children in social, emotional wellbeing. Understanding the engine that drives the child gives educators context as to what is happening beyond the behaviours so you will be better equipped to cope with these challenging situations.
This day split into three parts will cover the affects life events can have on a child from Trauma, how it affects people differently and is a barrier to thriving and being ready for learning. Discover how children’s developing emotions and skills of resilience play a part in their learning. Walk away with a thorough toolkit of knowledge to identify, design and ultimately support children’s wellbeing.
- What is trauma
- Trauma and its affects on brain development
- Identifying trauma in children
- Trauma informed care principles
- Wellbeing support strategies in practice
- Understanding the developing mind
- Learnings from social theorists
- How children learn behaviours
- Practical preventative strategies for educators
- The difference between Self regulation and Self control
- Learn the 6 critical elements for optimal self-regulation
- Sensory input and the nervous system
- Supporting the 5 domains in practice
- The impact of self regulation on children’s behaviour
Links to NQS: QA2