“Emerging Leaders” is a four (4) part forum series designed to extend knowledge and challenge those who are seeking that next step within their career. The four-part series focuses on further developing leadership understanding and skills whilst addressing the impact that workplace culture and staff management can have on the operations of the service. Grow your knowledge about the business side to running a service and consider aspects that could launch you into a new perspective.
The four workshops cover the topics of, Navigating the business, inspiring leadership, and people management, safeguarding the business through understanding compliance as well as the influence of the educational leader. Whilst each topic addresses individual objectives, participants must enroll within all four of the forum workshops.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to be challenged and extend their career path in the ECEC sector, senior educators, room leaders, 2ICs, and beyond.
Each workshop is designed to delve into topics in detail, with participants being provided with a workbook at the commencement of each workshop. Participants will be responsible to complete tasks in-between each forum.
Four workshops in total.
Each workshop runs for 4 hours
LEARNING OUTCOMES: At the end of this professional learning, participants will be able to:
Workshop 1: Navigating the business 23rd March 2022
- Learn how to know the sector through the use of current resources and statistics.
- Key business drivers and what affects the business
- Understanding of the impact and influence of staff and positive energy
- Business health check, including; value-adding and making informed business decisions.
Workshop 2: Inspiring leadership and people management 16th June 2022
- Identify theories and models of leadership relevant to the sector
- Investigate leadership styles, attributes, and qualities of an inspiring leader
- Relationships and assisting in the development of a positive team culture
- Conflict management, difficult conversations, and holding each other accountable
Workshop 3: Safeguarding the business: understanding compliance
- The use of mitigating strategies and risk assessment to safeguard the business
- Assisting staff to understand and implement the non-negotiables
- Reporting requirements and managing critical incidents
- Connecting with families and the community to establish their roles and responsibilities within the service
Workshop 4: The influence of an Educational Leader
- Unpack the purpose and role of the educational leader
- Qualities, skills, and traits of a strong educational leader – how to select/recruit
- Supporting the educational leader with capacity building, empowerment, and resourcing.
- How the educational leader can support risk mitigation and accountability