Forum: Impact of Toxic Stress and Complex Trauma on the Developing Child
Suitable for: Schools, Allied Health, Education and Care Sector, All Practitioners working with children.
This workshop will provide educators with an understanding of how children experience trauma in the early years, and the longer-term implications such as toxic stress if trauma goes untreated. It will also assist in identifying the impacts on the child’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. We will discuss the complex relationship between trauma, behaviours and emotional responses to better comprehend the reason for a range of strategies and learning experiences to support children’s ongoing wellbeing.
- Understanding trauma and toxic stress
- The impact of trauma on brain development
- The importance of attachment and relationships
- A practice framework to develop strategies targeted to support children with trauma
- Embedding wellbeing support strategies into your services and contexts.