Our calendar is bursting with professional practitioner learning opportunities and parenting focused events.
- This event has passed.
FORUM SERIES: Day One of Two, Educational Leader Development Series – Palmerston N.T
October 3, 2017 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST$499.00
$499 for the Two Day Forum: Group Sessions 1 – 8
Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th October 9 am – 4 pm
This series of forums focuses attention on the development of Educational Leaders in their endeavour to motivate, lead and inspire educators in pedagogical practice. If you are new to the role of Educational Leader or trying to create a better understanding of what your role entails this series is for you.
Many Educational Leaders struggle to achieve these outcomes due to myths within the sector as to exactly what responsibilities the role has and miss the importance of a collegial approach. By its own definition the role is about Leading Education but the question remains how?
Join us in these 8 workshops for a comprehensive suite of knowledge development or just attend one which catches your attention the choice is yours.
Developed by Educational Leaders for Educational Leaders you will find a hands on approach to Educational Leader practice. Not only will you walk away with a clearer understanding on what the role involves and how to do it, but also included is a comprehensive workbook resource supplied at each session.
Session 1: Understanding the Educational Leaders Role
- Legislative requirements of the educational leader
- Defining the role and outcomes of the educational leader
- Understanding the requirements of your role
- Leading vs Doing
Session 2: Preparing for Assessment & Rating
- Learning from your current assessment and rating report.
- The process and the educational leader’s role during the assessment.
- Preparing and collating practice evidence.
- Supporting educators for the assessment day.
- Communicating with the assessor.
- What makes a quality assessment and why.
Session 3: Understanding the NQF
- Understanding the Being, Becoming and Belonging
- Understanding the Principles, Practices and the learning Outcomes
- Understanding the purpose of learning frameworks
Session 4: Leadership in Practice
- Building trust and confidence with educators
- Traits of an effective leader, Leadership vs Management
- Documenting professional conversations
- Mentoring, on the floor coaching and researching learning materials
|Domains of Teaching||Standards||Link to NQF|
|Professional Knowledge||1. Know students and how they learn
2. Know the content and how to teach it
|NQA 1, 3, 5, 6|
|Professional Practice||3. Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
4. Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
5. Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
|NQA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7|
|Professional Engagement||6. Engage in professional learning
7. Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/ carers, and the community
|NQA 1, 4, 5, 6, 7|