“Emerging Leaders” is a two-day series, designed to extend knowledge and challenge those who are seeking that next step within their OSHC career. The four OSHC friendly workshops, across 4 days, focus on further developing leadership understanding and skills whilst addressing the impact that workplace culture and staff management can have on the operations of the service. Grow your knowledge about the business side of running a service and consider aspects that could launch you into a new perspective.
Topics covered across the four workshops: Navigating the business, inspiring leadership, and people management, safeguarding the business through understanding compliance as well as the influence of the educational leader. Whilst each topic addresses individual objectives, participants must commit to the full two-day workshops.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to be challenged and extend their career path in the OSHC side of the ECEC sector, senior educators, room leaders, 2ICs and beyond.
Each workshop is designed to delve into topics in detail, with participants being provided with a workbook at the commencement of each workshop. Participants will be responsible to complete tasks in-between each forum.
Workshop 1: 17th August 2023 10am – 2pm
Part one: Navigating the business
- Learn how to know the sector through the use of current resources and statistics.’
- Key business drivers and what affects the business
- Understanding the impact and influence of staff and positive energy
- Business health check, including value-adding and making informed business decisions.
Workshop 2: 18th August 2023 10am – 2pm
Part two: Inspiring leadership and people management
- Identify theories and models of leadership relevant to the sector
- Investigate the leadership styles, attributes, and qualities of an inspiring leader
- Relationships and assisting in the development of a positive team culture
- Conflict management, difficult conversations and holding each other accountable
Workshop 3: 31st August 2023 10am – 2pm
Part three: Safeguarding the Business: Understanding compliance
- The use of mitigating strategies and risk assessment to safeguard the business
- Assisting staff to understand and implement the non-negotiables
- Reporting requirements and managing critical incidents
- Connecting with families and the community to establish their roles and responsibilities within the service
Workshop 4: 1st September 2023 10am – 2pm
Part four: The influence of an educational leader
- Unpack the purpose and role of the educational leader
- Qualities, skills and traits of a strong educational leader – how to select/recruit
- Supporting the educational leader with capacity building, empowerment and resourcing.
- How the educational leader can support risk mitigation and accountability
Links to NQS:
QA7, QA4 & QA 6