Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships with children is one of the principles of the learning frameworks. Interacting and communicating positively with children is one of the most important aspects of an educator’s role.
Having meaningful conversations with children, listening to children, being kind and supportive when they need you are some of the building blocks to developing ongoing respectful relationships with children.
- Understand the role of interactions in building relationships
- Learn how to listen to children
- Discover what positive interactions practice looks like
- Highlight strategies to improve positive interactions with children
- Review current practices and trends of interacting with children
Links to NQS: QA1, QA5 and QA6