Trauma has a significant impact on the developing brain, children’s behaviour and how they experience relationships. Many children have suffered traumatic experiences which lead to lifelong effects on emotional responses and on children’s overall wellbeing. In this workshop you will learn how to identify trauma and explore how carers, practitioners, programs, and systems can support children. More importantly we will share the recommended practices to be better trauma informed when supporting children linking this to the EYLF.
- Understand what trauma is.
- Understand how trauma affects brain development.
- Understand what trauma may look like in children.
- Explore trauma informed care principles and how these link to the EYLF.
- Understand what you can do to support children who have experienced or who are experiencing trauma.
Links to NQS:
QA1: Educational program and practice
QA2: Children’s Health and safety
QA5: Relationships with children