The Trauma Puzzle Facilitator Training – Karen Hulls
Aim: This training program aims to prepare professionals by providing you with the 8 Training Packages that make up ‘The Trauma Puzzle® A Trauma Aware Practice Model’ so you can facilitate a range of complex trauma workshops.
The target is workers and carers with foundation knowledge of trauma theory & experience working with clients who have experienced complex trauma.
At the completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the theoretical paradigms underpinning ‘The Trauma Puzzle® : A Trauma Aware Practice Model’.
- Describe the content of the 8 workshops that make up ‘The Trauma Puzzle®’.
- Use the materials provided to facilitate complex trauma training sessions such as: 1 or 2 day programs, short workshops, discussion groups, video conferences, book clubs, lunchbox learning, JITT (Just in Time Training) sessions etc.
- Participate in ongoing peer support sessions with other ‘The Trauma Puzzle®’ facilitators to ensure currency of materials and receive support to develop your own practice.
You will receive 8 Training Packages which include: PowerPoints for each workshop with video hyperlinks, workbooks (for 1 & 2 below), sample case studies and extra reading material relevant to each workshop. These are provided on USB. These have all been edited by a qualified Desktop Publisher.
The 8 Workshops are:
- Elephant in the Room! What is Trauma-Informed Care?
- What’s in the Box? Understanding Trauma and Positive Behaviour Support Strategies
- Hurt People, Hurt People. Trauma-Informed understanding of violent and aggressive behaviours.
- One Child at a Time. Strategies for supporting children to heal from trauma.
- When Loss Gets Lost. Understanding & Responding to Grieving Children & Young People.
- Look in the Mirror! What is Empathy and why does it matter?
- What About You? Enhance the well-being & resilience of those working in the sector.
- Better than Chocolate! Mindfulness Workshop for Workers and Carers.
This training will accredit you to facilitate our 8 complex trauma workshops, under our branding & using our titles (e.g. What’s in the Box?, Elephant in the Room!, Hurt People, Hurt People, One Child at a Time etc.)
Although there are no formal pre-requisites to attend this training, if ‘The Trauma Puzzle Facilitation Training’ graduates wish to attend any of our 8 workshops after completing the training, then a 50% discount applies.
You will leave this training well prepared to deliver an interesting workshop on complex trauma in your workplace.
Two Day Course
Perth – $1250
9.30 am – 3.30 pm each day
Please arrive and register by 9.15 am
8 sets of PowerPoint slides, 4 Workbooks and extensive additional reading on trauma-informed care, all on a USB drive
Tea, coffee, biscuits and a light sandwich and fruit lunch will be provided. Please contact us if you have special dietary requirements
[fusion_button link=”https://www.karenhulls.com.au/book_into_training” text_transform=”” title=”” target=”_blank” link_attributes=”” alignment=”left” modal=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” color=”default” button_gradient_top_color=”” button_gradient_bottom_color=”” button_gradient_top_color_hover=”” button_gradient_bottom_color_hover=”” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” type=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”” size=”large” stretch=”default” shape=”” icon=”fa-ticket-alt fas” icon_position=”left” icon_divider=”no” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]Book Your Place[/fusion_button]