Train the Trainer – Karen Hulls
Aim: To provide you with an extensive range of training materials, to enable you to facilitate and evaluate complex trauma workshops in your workplace and community.
You will receive 3 x 2 day Training Packages and permission to customise the materials. These are our 3 most popular workshops, provided as ‘unbranded’ versions as we encourage participants to add their own: facilitation style, colours, logos, case studies, geographical context, cultural perspective etc. The resources have been developed over the past 8 years & have been used to deliver 100’s of workshops successfully across Australia.
- Describe adult learning principles and learning styles.
- Discuss the A.D.D.I.E model for researching, designing, developing and evaluating training.
- Discuss challenges & opportunities in facilitation of face-to-face training.
- Participate in an ‘Impact of Trauma’ workshop, covering the foundation knowledge required to facilitate a workshop.
- Analyse the content of an intermediate level trauma workshop.
- Identify resources for development of trauma training materials in your workplace.
The 3 Training Packages include: PowerPoints for each workshop with video hyperlinks, workbooks (for 1 & 2 below), sample case studies and extra reading material relevant to each workshop. These are provided on a USB.
- Understanding Trauma & Positive Behaviour Support Strategies (2 day Training Program)
- What is Trauma-Informed Care? (2 day Training Program)
- Trauma-Informed Understanding of Violent & Aggressive Behaviours. (2 day Training Program)
Although there are no formal pre-requisites for this training, the target audience is workers and carers with foundation knowledge of trauma theory & experience working with clients who have experienced complex trauma.
You will leave this training well prepared to deliver an interesting workshop on complex trauma in your workplace.
Two Day Course
Perth – $750
9.30 am – 3.30 pm each day
Please arrive and register by 9.15 am
5 sets of PowerPoint slides, 4 Workbooks and extensive additional reading on trauma-informed care, all on a USB drive
Tea, coffee, biscuits and a light sandwich and fruit lunch will be provided. Please contact us if you have special dietary requirements