Biting is a behaviour that young children may develop which can be stressful & divisive for educators, staff, parents and children.
It provokes strong negative emotions as it can be viewed as an invasive/personal attack. Although there is no ‘magic cure’ for instant eradication, there are processes that can support the biters, the bitten, the parents and educators through this stage. In this face to face workshop we explore:
- Reasons for children’s biting.
- How we do and should respond when children bite.
- How we work together to support children through a biting phase.
Certificate of Competence awarded on completion of course.
- Explore reasons for children biting.
- Investigate how we do, and how we should respond when children bite.
- Consider how we work together to support children through a biting phase.
Links to QA2 and 5