Lost for Words (2 hours) – Certificate issued on completion
This topic aims to provide an overview of children’s language and speech development. It explores the difference between language and speech, as well as typical development of language and how to identify children who may have language difficulties. Strategies for supporting language development in children will be explored.
- Describe the differences between speech and language.
- Understand the typical progression of speech and language development.
- Use the tools provided to identify children who are experiencing difficulties with speech and/or language.
- Use some general strategies for supporting language development in your everyday work.
- Set age-appropriate activities to encourage speech and language development.
Links to NQS: QA1, QA5 and QA6