This course aims to provide an overview of children’s language and speech development.
It explores the difference between language and speech, as well as typical development of language and how to identify children who may have language difficulties. Strategies for supporting language development in children will be explored.
Certificate of Competence awarded on completion of course.
- Describe the differences between speech and language.
- Understand the typical progression of speech and language development.
- Use the tools provided to identify children who are experiencing difficulties with speech and/or language.
- Use some general strategies for supporting language development in your everyday work.
- Set age-appropriate activities to encourage speech and language development.
Links to NQS: QA1, QA5 & QA6
Login using your username and password. If you do not have an account you can create one following the on screen instructions.
Navigate to the course you purchased and enter your unique Enrolment key into the Course Code Form. The Enrolment key will be printed on your Purchase Invoice.