Work Health and Safety in Education and Care Settings (2 hours) – Certificate issued on completion
Environments for children can be high risk areas, so thoughtful and careful planning is required to ensure that the work environment is safe and that educators, families and visitors are protected. This topic will help you reflect on your current work health and safety policies and procedures, and risk management practice in the workplace and understand more about work health and safety law and regulations.
- Defining health and safety in the centre based context
- The regulated responsibilities
- Understanding the relevant requirements of the National Quality Standards
- The Risk Management Cycle and understanding Benefit Risk Assessment
- A deeper look at Emergency Procedures
Links to NQS: QA1 – QA7